1. The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco – This book is perfect for those who are looking to create their own wealth and achieve financial independence. It provides a step-by-step guide on how to build a successful business, invest wisely, and live a life of luxury.
2. The Lean Startup by Eric Ries – This book is a must-read for anyone who wants to start their own business. It provides practical advice on how to create a successful startup, including how to validate your business idea, build a minimum viable product, and get customers.
3. Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki – This book is a great read for anyone who wants to learn more about personal finance, how to make passive income, and how to invest in real estate. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking to improve their financial situation. Reading it results in a total mindset shift!
4. The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg – This book is perfect for anyone who wants to change their lives for the better. It explains how habits are formed and how they can be changed, providing readers with the tools they need to make lasting changes in their lives.
5. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo – Okay, so this isn’t technically a finance book – but it is life-changing for many people! This book is perfect for those of us who want to declutter our lives and live simply. It provides practical advice on how to get rid of excess possessions, and how to keep only what brings joy.
6. The 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss – This book is perfect for go-getters who want to achieve work-life balance. It provides practical advice on how to streamline your work life so you can have more time for the things you love.
7. The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman – This book is perfect for anyone who wants to improve their relationships, both in business and in their personal lives. It explains the five different love languages, and how to effectively communicate with your partner in each one. While it isn’t solely about personal finance – it’s a great book to learn how to succeed in interpersonal relationships. Which is why it’s a must-read book!
8. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey – This book is a classic, and for good reason! It’s written for anybody who wants to be more productive and successful. It provides readers with seven habits that they can adopt to improve their lives, including being proactive and setting priorities.
9. The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey – This book is perfect for people who are looking to get their finances in order and become debt-free. It provides a plan for paying off debt, saving money, and investing for the future.
10. The Wealthy Barber by David Chilton – This book is full of sound financial advice. It covers topics such as investing, saving, and retirement planning. It’s a common-sense approach to getting rich slow. A must-read book for anyone aspiring to grow their wealth.
11. The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach – This book is perfect for anyone who is looking to automated their finances and achieve financial freedom. It provides a plan for saving money automatically, investing for the future, and living a debt-free life.
And there you have it! 11 great personal finance and self-improvement books to change your life for the better. What are you waiting for? Go start reading! 🙂
Erika Finn, founder of Stacking Acorns, is an attorney who graduated from law school at University of California, Berkeley. She was a member and editor of the California Law Review and won the Prosser Prize for Legal Accounting. She holds a Master’s Degree from the University of Southern California (USC) and a Bachelor’s degree from Indiana University- Bloomington. Stacking Acorns is a personal finance website for women by women. We help mid-life women achieve financial freedom through real estate investing and other streams of passive income.